My goal tonight was to make some brownies. I just really wanted some. I had bought a box mix sometime last week, and it was just begging to be made! So after I put the little ones to bed, I head out to the kitchen to begin.
I grab the box, and a bowl, and my favorite mixing spoon and...dangit! I forgot I used the last of the vegetable oil. So I check the fridge, and I have one last stick of unsalted butter left. Great! I put it in a bowl in the microwave to melt it and use as a substitute (**note** you can also use applesauce as a substitute for oil, but I wanted a more dense brownie).
I pour the brownie mix into my mixing bowl, and go to grab the eggs out of the fridge. Whoops! Hubby must have used the last of the eggs to make the awesome omelet he made for my breakfast this morning :). So, I decide to try some vanilla yogurt. I used just about a 1/2 cup in place of two eggs. Then, I added some Hershey's chocolate syrup just for good measure -- the batter was quite thick!
I spread the batter in a greased 9x13 glass baking dish and baked it at 325 for 30-35 minutes. It looks kind of weird when you take them out, but let them cool and they are AWESOMMMMMMMMME! Fudgy and chewy and soooooo good!
Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go sneak another one! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment