I mean that in so many ways. Starting Over. I'm refreshing this blog. We just moved our family 1000 miles from home - we're starting over in a new place. We are resolving to be more responsible, more organized, less cluttered, less chaotic (okay, with four small children that may not be possible!). I am going to be more focused on my kids and bringing them up. I am going to start over in my devotional life (as in, actually doing them). I am going to start over in my baking/foodie blog and work on that as well. And you can follow along our new journey right here!
So...it's been a while since I've written anything. Life got in the way, I guess. My older two had a very successful year in Kindergarten (the last post I made), and an equally successful 1st grade year! They both graduated from speech, made lots of friends; Lindy took ice skating for the first time and did wonderfully! The little two enjoyed another year of preschool and were really looking forward to going to pre-K at the same school as their older brother and sister. I had found a new job in Human Resources and I really enjoyed going to work each day (okay, MOST days).
Then....then. Hubby got a job offer. 1000 miles away.
I should also mention here, since it's a big part of my life for the past several months: my dad was diagnosed with Acute Myelogenous Leukemia (AML) in April. He underwent several rounds of chemo, has been in remission, and just recently had a stem cell transplant. It was unspeakable to think I would leave during this storm of life.
That being said, we talked, we prayed, we cried. And it was clear that this new job was where my husband needed to be. So we packed up our house (where we never thought we would move from), we packed up our kids, and we headed westward to Wisconsin.
We've been here for 3 weeks now. The big kids have started their new school (we walk there every morning, which is something new for us!). The little girls don't get to go to pre-K here, so they stay home with me, and we work on preschool activities...we've also signed up for some different classes at the library to keep us busy.
So this is our fresh start. A new state, a new home, a new school, a new job, a new church! It hasn't been easy by any stretch of the imagination, but it hasn't been as hard as I thought it might be. I'm going to try and write a little more frequently about the stuff going on in our new life.

No comments:
Post a Comment